Happy Women’s Day
Today whole world celebrates Women’s Day by wishing to every individual woman a Happy Women’s Day. Google celebrates Women’s Day by making a Doodle of Women’s Day with a collection of inspirational thoughts from 13 notable women from a different country from worldwide. From India Google makes a Doodle of celebrity boxer Mary Kom to Japanese famous artist and songwriter Yoko Ono. The Google Doodle picks the thoughts and inspirational quotes to empower women and some that are generally uplifting.
History of Women’s Day
International Women’s Day has its origins going back more than a decade. On February 28, 1909, New York, the erstwhile Socialist Party of America established a Women’s Day. After two years, the International Socialist Woman’s Conference recommended that Women’s Day is celebrated yearly. But the first time it was celebrated on 8 March 1917, later women won the vote in Soviet Russia. It was announced a holiday in Soviet Russia, after which the day was predominantly celebrated by the socialist change and communist countries. It was ultimately chosen as International Women’s Day in 1975 by the United Nations.
Google Doodle celebrates Women’s Day
Google celebrates by making Doodle Women’s Day with colourful, images, Quotes, and especially the words “Women” written in 11 languages including Hindi, Bengali, and Urdu. Once a user clicks on the Doodle, the pop-up gets out that the user scrolls within the various quotes.
Women’s Day Quotes
- Don’t let anyone tell you-you’re weak because you’re a woman.” By Mary Kom, Indian Olympic boxer
- “I think women are foolish to pretend they are equal to men, they are far superior and always have been.” By William Golding, Author
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman” By Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
- “A woman is human. She is not better, wiser, stronger, more intelligent, more creative, or more responsible than a man. Likewise, she is never less. Equality is a given. A woman is human.” By Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration
- “Women are the nourishing power of the Universe. Whoever has deep respect for women of the world, will remain free from diseases.” By Amit Ray
- “A woman that knows her worth doesn’t measure herself against another woman but stands strong, calmed and self-confident.” By Auliq Ice
Amit is from Ujjain. His passion for gadgets got him to write content for techno secrets. Apart from gadgets, Amit loves to travel and is a big time foodie. In his spare time, Amit likes to know about things related to ancient history, new discoveries and the latest trends going on in the market.